Saturday, October 17, 2009

Air Show

Oh my, has it been over a month since I last posted. I am so sorry!

We had a lovely visit from Pat, Andy's Mom, earlier this month. While she was here she went to the Mira Mar Air Show with Andy and Ryan. It was Ryan's first year going. It sounded like enjoyed parts of it, although I think he got a little bored after a while. I am glad that Andy had someone to go with again this year since planes are not my thing these days and I really don't enjoy the Air Shows anymore. Those of you who know me well, know that my Dad and Grandpa were both pilots and that I grew up around airplanes. Unfortunately my Dad was killed in a plane crash when I was 21 years old and since then I have had a hard time being around planes unless, of course, I have to fly somewhere. In fact, tomorrow will be the 18th anniversary of my Dad's accident. I sure miss him and really wish he were around to see his grandkids. I know he would have had a ball at the Air Show with Ryan.

Anyway, sorry for getting side tracked. Here are a few photos that Andy took at the Air Show. (I wonder if Ryan will follow in his grandpa and great grandpa's footsteps and become a pilot when he grows up. He sure loves all of the instruments on the control panel. He also loves to fly Andy's flight simulator on the computer.)

No comments:

Post a Comment